Certification Officer Position Announcement
Oregon Tilth, Inc. is a nonprofit research and education membership organization dedicated to biologically sound and socially equitable agriculture. Oregon Tilth offers educational events throughout the state of Oregon, and provides organic certification services to organic growers, processors, and handlers in the United States and internationally.
We are pleased to announce that we have three openings for Certification Officers within our dynamic Farm and Processing Programs.
The Certification Officer’s responsibility is to evaluate operations for compliance with the standard(s) to which certification is being requested. This includes assessing new applications requesting certification, reviewing inspection reports from on-site operation visits, mid year changes to the clients operation etc. In addition, the Certification Officer works to ensure the client service experience is positive. Clients must receive certification services in a timely manner that meets their needs as well as the organization’s needs. Certification Officers will focus in one or more organic program department or groups of clients – processing, livestock, farm or other.
Ideal candidates must possess:
- B.A. degree or higher in agriculture, food technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience using E-Cert certification database is a plus.
- One or more years experience in a professional office environment and/or quality assurance.
- Hands-on experience in agriculture or food processing preferred.
- Education, training, or work experience in sustainable agriculture/organic processing preferred.
- IOIA Organic Inspector training, auditor training for food quality production systems or similar field preferred.
- Experience with quality auditing or regulatory compliance auditing preferred.
- Previous organic certification employment/skills preferred.
This position is located in our Corvallis, OR office. Telecommuting options are available.
To apply for one of the open positions, please prepare an application packet that includes the following:
- A resume / curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references.
- A cover letter with answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working for Oregon Tilth and for this position in particular?
- How well do your skills and background meet the position description needs?
- If opting for the telecommuting option, how your current skill set would enable you to be successful as a remote Certification Officer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but to be considered in the first round of evaluations, applications must be received by January 31, 2013.
To apply, submit the above information to: email@example.com with “Certification Officer Applicant” in the subject line, or by mail to: Oregon Tilth, Attn: Certification Officer Applicant, 260 SW Madison Ave, Ste. 106, Corvallis, OR 97333.