Certification Operations Assistant Position Announcement
Purpose: The Certification Operations Assistant’s duties are to provide support to the certification staff through administrative support in a variety of operational tasks. The position will generate and analyze reports to ensure optimal delivery of certification services. The position works closely with Certification Program Managers (Farm, Handling, Global), Program Assistants (Farm, Handling) and Inspection Program Coordinators to ensure certification services are successfully implemented in a consistent, high-quality manner with a strong commitment to customer service.
Candidate attributes: Ideal candidates must have great attention to detail and ability to multi-task and focus in a fast based business environment. This position will do a large amount of file and data management and communication to clients. Strong communication and computer skills are necessary.
Specification: Full time position based in our Corvallis, OR office. Two year college degree or equivalent work experience is required. Strong computer skills including data entry, word processing, email and internet. Candidate must demonstrate the following abilities'
- Ability to work as member of a team, and interface with other branches of the organization.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to assess and evaluate current and future work loads
- Ability to help develop and implement new systems as required by growth and changes in the industry.
- Ability to communicate well with other staff members to be able to communicate information and needed items.
To apply for the position:
Prepare an application packet that includes:
- A resume / curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information for 3 references.
- A cover letter with answers to the following questions:
▪ Why are you interested in this position?
▪ How well do your skills and background meet the position description needs?
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but to be considered in the first round of evaluations, applications must be received by Thursday January 31, 2013. To apply, submit the above information to: organic (at) tilth (dot) org with “Certification Operations Asst.” in the subject title. Or by mail to: Oregon Tilth, 260 SW Madison Ave, Ste. 106, Corvallis, OR 97333.