PROCESSING & HANDLING CERTIFICATION
At Oregon Tilth, we try to keep the application process as simple and straight forward as possible. If you’ve already taken the initiative to make your processing or distribution practice organic and are ready to apply, check out the applications below to start the organic certification process.
Please include the following information:
Basic forms to provide contact information to Oregon Tilth for your operation. Make sure to also complete the Certification and Trademark Use Agreement that summarizes the terms and conditions of organic certification with OTCO.
- H1 Activities Checklist Handlers
Based on the checklist, identify the sections of the Organic Systems Plan (OSP) that apply to your operation. For each activity that matches your plans or current organic activities, please complete the OSP section(s) indicated.
Covers all classes of Handling for certification, including processed organic foods by processors and co-packers, packers, brokers, wholesalers and distributors and marketers.
Remember: Only complete sections of the application that apply to your operation.
- H2 Facility Information
- H3 Product Summary
- H4 Livestock Product Summary
- H5 Sanitation and Water Practices
- H6 Receiving Storage, Packaging, and Shipping
- H7 Facility Pest Management
- H8 Record Keeping Practices
- H9 Livestock Auctions
- Commercial Availability Form
- ISIS Independent Storage Information Sheet
- PLA Private Label Agreement
- IM International Markets
- Download all handling OSP documents (.zip)
Additional Forms for Product Evaluation:
Email your completed application to [email protected] or mail it with correct certification fees to 2525 SE 3rd Street, Corvallis, OR 97333. One of our staff members will be in contact with you once we receive and process your application.
- Handling International Supplement
European Union supplement information for requesting certification under EU or regulations.
- Handler Affirmation for Export to Japan
Used by Handlers/Processors as a way to confirm that their organic ingredient suppliers comply with Japan export requirements.
- Handler Affirmation for Trade with Canada
Used to verify suppliers compliance of individual raw produce items for trading with Canada.
- Handler Affirmation for Trade with EU
Used to verify suppliers compliance for trading with the EU.
Have questions about Processing and Handling Certification? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.View FAQ