General information on NRCS/OT cross-training
This page offers an overview of educational and technical resources offered to participants of the Organic-Conservation Cross-Training series. All training participants were given a CD containing a wealth of content applicable to both natural resource conservation and organic management system.
Additional information not included on the CD:
Case Studies PDF:
- Fruit - Hi Point Orchards (4.7MB)
- Vegetable - Mustard Seed Farms (5.1MB)
Organic Program Summary (176KB)
NRCS-NOP Correlation Chart (2.3MB)
- OrganicPracticeGuide-2009 (218KB) - Overview of organic crop and livestock management systems
- Can I Use This Fertilizer on my Organic Farm (153KB) - Information for growers and agricultural professionals on the requirements for fertility and crop nutrient management regarding compliance with the USDA National Organic Program standards.
- Can I Use This Pesticide on my Organic Farm? (171KB) - Information for growers and agricultural professionals on the requirements for pest management regarding compliance with the USDA National Organic Program standards.
- Organic Market Overview and Considerations (125KB) - Information on market trends and statistics, consumer demographics, market segments, marketing channels and export market opportunities and obstacles.
- Organizations, Resources and Events for Organic Farming Information (138KB) - A compiled list of governmental agencies and non-governmental organizations that provide information and resources related to organic agriculture.
- Selected Annotated References (160KB) - A listing of over 75 publications, research papers and reports related to organic management systems.