Organic Certification with a Foundation in Food Safety
AIB International and Oregon Tilth, a leader in Organic Certification, have teamed together to bring you a unique seminar, Organic Certification with a Foundation in Food Safety. Learn how you can protect the integrity of your organic products with the integration of an Organic Systems Plan and Food Safety Programs. Protect consumers, your brand name, and your company's image with the valuable information learned in this seminar.
Mar 18, 2009 08:00 AM
Mar 20, 2009 05:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
How does your company become Organic Certified? And, once certified, will your Organic Systems Plan be compatible with the Food Safety Programs already in place at your facility?
Companies with established Food Safety and Quality programs will find it easy to mesh the concepts of an Organic Systems Plan into their daily activities. With a little work, adaptation and documentation, Food Safety and Integrated Quality Systems complement organic production. Companies that intertwine their Organic and Food Safety Systems are bound to be successful!
You will learn about:
- National Organic Program regulations
- Organic Certification process
- Commingling and contamination prevention
- Labeling and monitoring practices
- Product compositions and general prohibitions
- Management systems for food safety
- Cleaning programs that maintain product and organic integrity
- Incoming materials inspection
- Foreign material and pest control