Seattle Good Food Network Meeting
Meeting to discuss logo, SGFN, potential merger w/ Urban Farm Hub, Just Garden Project
Nov 18, 2010
|Add event to calendar
Columbia City Library: 4721 Rainier Ave. S. (map)
4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
6:00 Social at Kallaloo: 3820 South Ferdinand Street (map)
|4:30 – 4:40 p.m.
Please sign in.
- Facilitator: Andrea Petzel
||Creating a Logo – Discussion
Where will the logo be used? Events, print materials, online?
- Assuming a printing budget is non-existent, is a black and white logo acceptable?
- Should the name of the group be included in logo?
- What is the key message the logo should convey?
- What adjectives would be used to describe the tone of logo? (Serious, whimsical, earthy, pastoral, etc).
- Any volunteers to be involved in the approval process?
|Outreach Committee – Beth McKellips
||What is SGFN? – Discussion
Outreach Committee revisited the mission/values/goals of SGFN – are they still the same or have they changed?
Three main goals:
- Support relevant policy when it comes up
- Act as a conduit for information
Does our current meeting structure/format meet our needs? Or
is there something that would better suit the organization based on the
needs expressed by its members?
Outreach Committee – Sharon Lerman
|5:15 – 5:30 p.m.
||Potential Merger with Urban Farm Hub – Discussion and possible vote
- The Seattle Good Food Network needs a new online tool to
replace the Google Group page to publicly post meeting updates and
notes, action items, and calendar items for the network.
- Urban Farm Hub is an established online news and information
source for urban agriculture and food policy in the Puget Sound, which
already has the traffic and the capacity for hosting public documents
such as meeting notes and maintaining a comprehensive calendar.
- The Outreach Committee proposes that the Seattle Good Food
Network partner with Urban Farm Hub as a way to use and strengthen an
already established urban agriculture resource, maintain a public record
of meeting activity and actions, and support the content and function
of Urban Farm Hub through a future network sub-committee.
|Outreach Committee – Nicole Capizzi
|5:30 – 5:40 p.m.
||Just Garden Project
|5: 40 – 5:45 p.m.
- Next meeting agenda items
- Facilitator for next meeting – Karen Luetjen?
Kallaloo - Seattle's Premier Authentic Caribbean Restaurant
Located in Columbia City
3820 South Ferdinand Street (map)
(We’ll be in the bar for Happy Hour)
The Natural Resources Conservation Service has provided leadership in a partnership effort to help America's private land owners and managers conserve their soil, water, and other natural resources.
NW Food Processors Expo + Conference
Jan 12, 2015
EcoFarm Conference 2015
Pacific Grove, CA,
Jan 21, 2015
Sustainable Foods Summit
San Francisco, CA,
Jan 21, 2015
Growing Farms: Aurora
Jan 21, 2015
10th Good Earth Home, Garden & Living Show
Jan 23, 2015