Seattle Good Food Network Meeting
Meeting to discuss logo, SGFN, potential merger w/ Urban Farm Hub, Just Garden Project
Nov 18, 2010
|Add event to calendar
Columbia City Library: 4721 Rainier Ave. S. (map)
4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
6:00 Social at Kallaloo: 3820 South Ferdinand Street (map)
|4:30 – 4:40 p.m.
Please sign in.
- Facilitator: Andrea Petzel
||Creating a Logo – Discussion
Where will the logo be used? Events, print materials, online?
- Assuming a printing budget is non-existent, is a black and white logo acceptable?
- Should the name of the group be included in logo?
- What is the key message the logo should convey?
- What adjectives would be used to describe the tone of logo? (Serious, whimsical, earthy, pastoral, etc).
- Any volunteers to be involved in the approval process?
|Outreach Committee – Beth McKellips
||What is SGFN? – Discussion
Outreach Committee revisited the mission/values/goals of SGFN – are they still the same or have they changed?
Three main goals:
- Support relevant policy when it comes up
- Act as a conduit for information
Does our current meeting structure/format meet our needs? Or
is there something that would better suit the organization based on the
needs expressed by its members?
Outreach Committee – Sharon Lerman
|5:15 – 5:30 p.m.
||Potential Merger with Urban Farm Hub – Discussion and possible vote
- The Seattle Good Food Network needs a new online tool to
replace the Google Group page to publicly post meeting updates and
notes, action items, and calendar items for the network.
- Urban Farm Hub is an established online news and information
source for urban agriculture and food policy in the Puget Sound, which
already has the traffic and the capacity for hosting public documents
such as meeting notes and maintaining a comprehensive calendar.
- The Outreach Committee proposes that the Seattle Good Food
Network partner with Urban Farm Hub as a way to use and strengthen an
already established urban agriculture resource, maintain a public record
of meeting activity and actions, and support the content and function
of Urban Farm Hub through a future network sub-committee.
|Outreach Committee – Nicole Capizzi
|5:30 – 5:40 p.m.
||Just Garden Project
|5: 40 – 5:45 p.m.
- Next meeting agenda items
- Facilitator for next meeting – Karen Luetjen?
Kallaloo - Seattle's Premier Authentic Caribbean Restaurant
Located in Columbia City
3820 South Ferdinand Street (map)
(We’ll be in the bar for Happy Hour)
Besaw’s strives to support local, organic and sustainable farmers; limited availability of some produce may apply. We exclusively use local, grass-fed beef, local cage-free eggs and 100% hormone-free dairy products. Supporting our valued community is of the utmost importance.
Permaculture Design Course Winter/Spring 2014 in Ashland, OR
Feb 01, 2014
HACCP for the Organic Professional
Mar 10, 2014
Food Safety “Train the Trainers” Workshop- Woodburn, OR
Mar 12, 2014
Practical Soil Biology Webinar
Mar 13, 2014
Organic Blackberry Production: Tips Learned from an Ongoing Research Study
Mar 13, 2014