Beginning Draft Horse Workshop
The farm is a unique location and ideal opportunity for learning and success. They have a number of horses who are very patient teachers and a huge assortment of equipment for your learning.
May 26, 2012 12:00 AM
May 27, 2012 12:00 AM
|Where||Cottage Grove, OR|
|Add event to calendar||
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no experience with draft horses. Walt and Kris, of Ruby and Amber’s Organic Oasis, a certified organic and biodynamic farm, personally conduct the workshop. Once you have mastered these basic skills that are the foundation of working with draft animals, you will be better prepared for working your horses on the farm, logging, or pleasure driving.
The workshop is limited to 5 hands on participants to ensure plenty of hands on learning.
• Horse behavior, language, and the mind of the horse
• Safety tips for working around horses and equipment
• Harnessing and harnessing adjustment
• Driving lines (reins) setup and adjustment
• Ground driving, both single and team
• Hitching to single trees and double trees
• Hitching up to the sled, wagon, and forecart
• Driving teams on the wagon and forecart
• Information, resources, publication discussions
• Equipment for farming and logging discussions
There are a limited number of observer slots available at each workshop. Observers are allowed to observe, and ask questions at the workshop, but are not allowed direct participation with the animals or equipment.The workshop price is 250.00 per person.