New NOP Handbook Resources + Certifier Lists
To help individuals who own, manage, or certify organic operations meet all USDA organic requirements, the NOP has published new resources in its Program Handbook: Unannounced Inspections, Recommended Penalties, Penalty Matrix.
To help individuals who own, manage, or certify organic operations meet all USDA organic requirements, the NOP has published four new resources in its Program Handbook:
- NOP 2609: Unannounced Inspections Provides instructions to certifiers regarding unannounced inspections, including their scope and frequency.
- NOP 2612: Recommended Penalties for Violations of Specific Regulatory Requirements (Penalty Matrix) Provides instructions to certifiers on how regulatory violations should be addressed.
- NOP 2612-1: Penalty Matrix by Violation Category Per section of the USDA organic regulations, provides examples of violations and their recommended penalties.
Policy Memos Section
- PM 12-1: Production and Certification of Aquatic Plants Clarifies that aquatic plants and their products can by certified under the current USDA organic regulations.
- PM 12-2: Placement of Certified Organic By *** Statement Grants a transition period for the correct placement of the "certified organic by ***" statement on packaged products.
Alternatively, view the full NOP Handbook.
|Updated Lists of Certifying Agents
Looking for a certifying agent serving a specific state or country?
To help both current and prospective organic operations identify a certifying agents, we now provide two ways to search:
By Name. Lists certifying agents alphabetically by name.
By Location. Most NOP-accredited certifying agents may certify farms and businesses anywhere in the world. The domestic and foreign directories list certifying agents that have recently certified operations in specific U.S. states and foreign countries.