Organic and sustainable farming and gardening specific to the Pacific Northwest
The following resource links are some of the many great organic and community projects and organizations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Ecotrust is a conservation organization committed to strengthening communities and the environment from Alaska to California.
- Zenger Farm
- Zenger is a working urban farm that provides land to a year round Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).
- Growing Gardens
- Growing Gardens was founded in 1996 with a mission to promote food gardening for improved nutrition, health, and self-reliance while enhancing the quality of life of individuals and communities.
- Oregon State University (OSU) Organic Growers Club
- The Organic Growers Club welcomes all members of the Oregon State University campus community, including undergrads, grad students, faculty, and staff.
- Oregon Sustainable Agriculture Land Trust
- OSALT holds urban and rural agricultural lands in trust, keeping them in agricultural use by successive generations of growers and stewards, and serves to restore an appreciation of agriculture and to actively participate in developing sustainable agricultural practices and systems through research and education.
- Institute of Biowisdom
- Sunbow Farm was established by Harry MacCormack in 1972 as an intentional organic market garden operation. The Institute of BioWisdom is designed to give students a crash course on all that has been developed over the years at Sunbow.
- Seattle Tilth
- Founded in 1978, Seattle Tilth is a nationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to cultivating a sustainable community, one garden at a time. In our demonstration gardens, as well as in P-Patches and other community gardens across the region, we teach people how to improve their environment by using organic gardening techniques.
- Tilth Producers of Washington
- Tilth Producers of Washington, a Chapter of Washington Tilth Association, is the organic and sustainable farm organization of Washington State. A membership organization of over 400 Washington growers, Tilth Producers fosters and promotes ecologically sound, sustainable agriculture in the interest of environmental preservation, human health and social equity.
- Pocket Guide of Natural Enemies
- The Pocket Guide of Natural Enemies is a resource for farmers and gardeners in the NW that helps to identify natural enemies.
- Greenbank Farm Training Center
- Join us at the Greenbank Farm Training Center on Whidbey Island, WA to learn and practice the technical and business skills you need to start and run a small-scale organic commercial farm.