Regulation and Trade
Regulation and Trade Resources
The following resource links are resources for more information on regulations, implementation and organic trade resources.
- USDA National Organic Program
- The National Organic Program (NOP) develops, implements, and administers national production, handling, and labeling standards for organic agricultural products.
- National Organic Standards Board (NOSB)
- The NOSB's main mission is to assist the Secretary in developing standards for substances to be used in organic production.
- Organic Trade Association
- OTA is a membership-based business association that focuses on the organic business community in North America.
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI)
- Materials input review for organic industry.
- Oregon Department of Agriculture
- ODA has a three-fold mission: food safety and consumer protection; protecting the natural resource base; and marketing agricultural products.
- Western Sustainable Agricultural Working Group (WSAWG)
- WSAWG is a non-profit organization bringing together diverse individuals and groups working in sustainable agriculture and food systems to share successful models, realize our collective strengths, build regional capacity and inform the agriculture policy debate.
- Farm and Garden
- Farm & Garden is an online magazine and community website. We publish news, information and resources related to living in a sustainable fashion with a focus on food, flowers, fiber and families.
- Pasture Rule
- The NOP has issued a final rule to provide greater detail to the NOP livestock regulations, especially as they relate to pasture and ruminant animals.