Regulation and Trade
Regulation and Trade Resources
The following resource links are resources for more information on regulations, implementation and organic trade resources.
- USDA National Organic Program
- The National Organic Program (NOP) develops, implements, and administers national production, handling, and labeling standards for organic agricultural products.
- National Organic Standards Board (NOSB)
- The NOSB's main mission is to assist the Secretary in developing standards for substances to be used in organic production.
- Organic Trade Association
- OTA is a membership-based business association that focuses on the organic business community in North America.
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI)
- Materials input review for organic industry.
- Oregon Department of Agriculture
- ODA has a three-fold mission: food safety and consumer protection; protecting the natural resource base; and marketing agricultural products.
- Farm and Garden
- Farm & Garden is an online magazine and community website. We publish news, information and resources related to living in a sustainable fashion with a focus on food, flowers, fiber and families.
- Pasture Rule
- The NOP has issued a final rule to provide greater detail to the NOP livestock regulations, especially as they relate to pasture and ruminant animals.