Accredited Certifiers Association (ACA)
The ACA is a non-profit educational organization created to benefit the USDA accredited organic certifier community and the organic industry.
Oregon Tilth serves on the Board of Directors for the Accredited Certifiers Association (ACA). The ACA is a non-profit educational organization created to benefit the USDA accredited organic certifier community and the organic industry. The primary mission of the ACA is to ensure the integrity of organic certification in the United States.
The purpose of the ACA is to provide a forum for USDA-accredited certifiers to:
- Develop uniform criteria for certifying operations under the National Organic Program (NOP)
- Provide training opportunities to accredited certifying agencies in order to improve the implementation of the NOP
- Provide a forum for discussing issues impacting organic certification
- Develop strategies for reform of laws affecting organic certification
- To facilitate communication and sharing of information among organic certification agencies
The ACA seeks to establish a constructive and positive relationship with all members of the organic community to address the challenges and opportunities facing the organic industry today.