- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Opportunities in Organics Buyer/Grower Networking Event
Commingling and Contamination Prevention for Split Organic/Conventional Operations
Location: Koch Family Farms – Canby, Oregon
9:00am – 11:00am
Join Koch Family Farm, Oregon Tilth, and other growers for a two-hour farm tour in Canby, Ore. The tour will feature farmers and organic experts who will address the following topics:
- Managing contamination risks between organic and conventional fields and preventing commingling in post-harvest activities
- Cleaning farm equipment between conventional and organic activities
- Keeping auditable and adequate organic records as a split operation
LUNCH & AFTERNOON SESSION:
Wholesale Organic Buyer/Grower Networking Event
Seven Brides Brewery – Silverton, Oregon
12:30pm – 4:30pm
The event will kick off with lunch and a presentation by Organic Produce Network co-founder Matt Seeley (previously of Nunes Company). Matt will share his experiences growing organic specialty crops and discuss opportunities for farmers to participate in the growing organic space. Buyers and growers will then have the opportunity to interact face to face and discuss production, pricing, and purchasing details during a facilitated “speed-dating” round. The event will conclude with an informal social hour with food and beverages available for purchase.
Who should attend:
- Mid-to large-scale wholesale fresh and processed vegetable and specialty crop farmers
- Wholesale buyers and processors of organic and transitional fresh and processed vegetables, grains, feed and seed crops.
Buyers already registered as of 11/15 include:
Organically Grown Company, Pacific Coast Fruit Company, United Salad Company, Stahlbush Island Farms, Charlie’s Produce, Grassland Oregon, Mountain Valley Seed, Handy Pantry Sprouting, and more…