- This event has passed.
Cover Crop Management and Reduced-Tillage Workshop
Highlighted topics will include:
- Four different cover crop trials
- Raised beds
- Termination timing
- Winter-killed summer cover crop
- Cover crop management for reduced tillage and conventional tillage
- Strip-tillage for vegetables
- Multi-year weed management and transitioning to reduced tillage
- Demonstration and required training for renting Pierce Conservation District’s no-till drill for seeding cover crops and pasture.
WSU researchers and cooperating farmers are evaluating cover crops and equipment for use in organic reduced tillage production. This spring field day will highlight cover crop management for reduced tillage and conventional tillage. Come tour research plots, see reduced-tillage equipment, and discuss the evolution of this production system. Also, an in-depth training on the Pierce Conservation District’s no-till drill will be conducted.
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
12:30-1:00 Registration and snacks
1:00 – 3:15 Cover Crop and Reduced Tillage Research
3:30-4:30 Pierce CD No-Till Drill Training
2606 W Pioneer, Puyallup, WA 98371
WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center Directions | Map
Light refreshments will be provided, but feel free to bring along a brown bag lunch.
Advance registration suggested (piercecd.org). For more information contact Doug Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.445.4658.