- This event has passed.
Pastured Poultry Production and Networking Workshop
August 15, 2018 - August 16, 2018 $40
Learn how to improve your pastured poultry production, marketing systems and collaborate to strengthen producer networks in the region.
- Anny Huang, UC Davis
Poultry production and social networking
- Dr. Maurice Pitesky, Cooperative Extension, Poultry Health and Food Safety Epidemiology, University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
Pasture-based poultry production systems; bird health preventive practices and monitoring (e.g. Salmonella testing); hands-on demonstration of mobile apps for easily collecting on-farm data
- Dr. Deb Niemeier, UC Davis, Civil & Environmental Engineering
Design considerations for systems productivity, housing and equipment
- Dr. James Hermes, College of Agricultural Sciences, Oregon State University
Feeding and nutrition including alternative feeds for small flocks, pastured, organic and free-range poultry production
- Ann Baier, National Center for Appropriate Technology/ATTRA
Economics of pastured-raised eggs and meat; recordkeeping, regulations and labeling requirements; organic certification of production and handling
- Poultry production and social networking.
- Pasture-based poultry production systems; Bird health preventive practices and monitoring (e.g. Salmonella testing); Hands-on demonstration of mobile apps for easily collecting on-farm data.
- Design considerations for systems productivity, housing and equipment.
- Feeding and nutrition including alternative feeds for small flocks, pastured, organic and free-range poultry production.
- Economics; Record keeping, regulations and labeling; Organic certification of production and handing.
When: March 24th and 25th (a two day workshop)
Where: Oldfield Animal Teaching Facility on the Oregon State University campus: 3521 SW Campus Way, Corvallis, OR.
Cost: $40 includes materials and lunch. Pre-registration requested to ensure minimum participation requirements are met, and food orders are accurate.