Ranch and Farm Succession Planning
October 26, 2017 @ 8:00 am - June 14, 2018 @ 5:00 pm| $200
8 Month Course
This 16-week program includes lectures, Q & A opportunities with experienced farm and ranch professionals experienced with ag businesses, along with individual counseling sessions to help you develop a plan that is uniquely yours.
Work with an experienced team to explore, design and develop a written plan now. Whether you are ready to begin a transition soon or have a 3, 5, 10 or even 15+ year window, get expert help creating a blueprint. Classes are presented with you in mind through virtual and classroom options.
- Financial and Accounting Tools
- Insurance Products to Consider
- Keys to Marketing Your Farm or Ranch
- Working through Family Dynamics
- Develop a Timeline with a Critical Path
- Understanding Wills and Trusts
- Conservation Easements and Land Trusts
- Review of Transition Options & Resources
- Tax, Legal, Business Valuation Strategies
- And much more!
When: One class per month on Thursdays from 10/26/2017 until 6/14/2018 from 6:30-8:30pm. Includes personal coaching each month and the 4-part workshop listed below.
- 11/2 – Overview of farm and ranch succession
- 11/16 – What’s your farm or ranch really worth?
- 11/30 – Expert panel (attorney, accountant, banker)
- 12/14 – Transitions that work: farmer & Dr. Sherri Noxel of OSU’s Austin Family Business Program
Where: Small Business Development Center, Clackamas Community College, Harmony Community Campus, Room #H-320, 3rd Floor, 7738 SE Harmony Road,7738 SE Harmony Road, OR 97222Virtual classroom available for those who prefer to join us online.
Instructor: Diana Tourney
Cost: $200/farm or ranch
Register by contacting Kathryn Nishimoto by e-mail: <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=bCRXdX0PQWNxay14RBJ-2FIQ5VZ0dGSjR0cQ-3D-3D_19> or by phone: (503) 594-0738.