- This event has passed.
Unlocking the Secrets of Soil Health in Organic Systems
April 6, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm| Free
On April 6th, Oregon Tilth hosted presentations and facilitated discussions focused on field operations and their impacts on pest and nutrient management. The goal was to support growers work to achieve the soil health principle of reducing disturbance in organic systems.
- Doug Collins, Small Farms Extension Specialist, Washington State University
- Rory McDonnell, Assistant Professor, Oregon State University
- Nick Andrews, Organic Extension Agent, Oregon State University
- Jen Kucera, West Regional Soil Health Team Leader, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
Archive of Presentations:
- Workshop Introduction (Ben Bowell)
- New Directions for Reduced Tillage Organic Agriculture (Doug Collins)
- Soil Health Principles and Practices (Dean Moberg)
- Soil Health Assessments (Jen Kucera)
- Slugs in Oregon and Novel Approaches for Management (Rory McDonnell)