Exporting organic products to Taiwan from the U.S.
USDA National Organic Program (NOP) certified products are able to be exported to Taiwan if they fall under the scope of the arrangement (certified organic plant, animal and processed products).
If you plan to export your new product, please email your client services team with your product composition and labeling information. OTCO will then pre-approve your product for export.
Waiting to request approval for exporting a product until it is already in transit may cause costly delays.
What are the export requirements per the U.S.-Taiwan arrangement?
All products being exported from the U.S. to Taiwan must contain at least 95 percent organic ingredients. Additionally, the following restrictions apply:
- The final processing and packaging must occur within the U.S.
- All labels must be in accordance with the Taiwanese Labeling Requirements, and the Organic Agriculture Promotion Act.
- All organic livestock products to be sold in Taiwan as organic or used as ingredients (e.g. eggs, milk, meat) for products to be sold as organic in Taiwan must be derived from animals not treated systemically with analgesics, including procaine and lidocaine.
- Aquatic animals, personal care products, pet food products, and single-ingredient (100 percent) honey products are outside of the scope of this arrangement. USDA National Organic Program certified organic products within these scopes may be labeled/sold as USDA organic in Taiwan however, they may not bear the Taiwanese organic mark.
- Each shipment must include a load specific TM-11 Export Certificate to clear customs.
Is the Taiwanese organic mark allowed on labels?
Products certified the U.S.-Taiwan Organic Equivalency Arrangement and shipped from the U.S. to Taiwan may not bear the Taiwanese organic mark.
What forms are required to complete an export request?
All products must be accompanied by an export certificate, also known as a TM-11, that has been completed by OTCO and carries the statement “Certified in compliance with the terms of the AITT/TECRO-NOP/AFA Organic Equivalence Arrangement.”
How do I request a hard copy of the export certificate?
If you would like the original hard copy of the certificate to be sent, provide a shipping address as well as an account number (FedEx, UPS, DHL) to be billed. Include a contact name and phone number associated with the recipient. If sending via UPS, provide the zip code associated with the account to be billed.
Is an export certificate request eligible for expedited service?
Yes. Please state all expedite needs in the body of the request email to email@example.com.