Requesting import certificates

The U.S. established trade partnerships with several countries to facilitate the exchange of organic products internationally. Equivalency agreements between other countries give U.S. organic producers opportunities to access new markets.

Which countries require an import certificate for shipping products to the U.S.?

USDA National Organic Program (NOP) Import Certificates are required to be issued for shipment of products into the U.S. from: the European Union, Japan, Korea Switzerland, and Taiwan. In addition, shipments from India require a transaction certificate issued from TraceNet.

How do I request an import certificate?

For products being imported to the US from a country with which it has a current equivalency arrangement, you will need a U.S. National Organic Program (NOP) Import Certificate completed and issued by the certifying agent. The certifying agent must be supervised by the country of origin’s control body and accredited in compliance with its organic regulations.

This NOP Import Certificate should accompany the imported goods during shipment and be retained by the purchasing operation for their annual inspection.  You can read more about it here:

Get Forms & Documents

Download the documents and forms you need.

Access Blank Forms

Still need help?

Our team is here to assist you.

Contact Support