- This event has passed.
Growing Success: Best Practices in On-farm Food Safety – Aurora
The OSU Center for Small Farms has teamed up with FamilyFarmed to bring their On-Farm Food Safety Project to Oregon in February in three day-long workshops: February 16, 17, and 19.
These workshops, taught by Atina Diffley, nationally known farmer & on-farm food safety expert, will cover practical food safety strategies for your farm, along with up-to-date guidance on FSMA requirements and compliance strategies.
Participants will receive 2 FamilyFarmed manuals Direct Market Success and Wholesale Success plus additional on-farm food safety materials.
Lunch will be provided.
Workshop # 1
Designed for mid-scale produce farmers that are covered by the FSMA Produce Rule selling primarily to wholesale markets
- FSMA produce rule and your farm
- FSMA status and compliance dates
- Agricultural water: water use descriptions and test plans
- Post harvest handling and storage for quality and safety
- Food safety checklists and plan
[callout] Register today [/callout]