Add new supplier or new ingredient
Over the lifecycle of processing your product(s), you will likely need to add a new ingredient or a new supplier of the same ingredient. We need to update your Organic System Plan to reflect proposed changes and maintain traceability of your organic products and ensure compliance throughout your supply chain.
While changing suppliers does not require an additional inspection, you will need to document, organize, and present all of your suppliers’ records at your inspection.
Adding a new *organic* ingredient
- If your supplier is already approved…
Update your Master Ingredient List and your supplier certificates. Submit updates to OTCO for approval prior to use to avoid potential invalidation and loss of sales in the event of any verification issues.
- If using a new, unapproved supplier…
Submit the supplier’s certificates to OTCO for approval prior to use in order to avoid potential invalidation and loss of sales in the event of any verification issues
Learn more about requirements for sourcing organic and allowable non-organic ingredients for your product.
Adding a new *non-organic* ingredient
If your ingredient will be sourced internationally, you must review our international imports policies and protocols for at-risk products.
- Submit all non-organic ingredients to OTCO for approval prior to use, including the manufacturer’s full list of ingredients and/or processing aids that went into creating the ingredient
- For all non-organic ingredients with commercial availability restrictions, you must demonstrate an organic version is unavailable through completion of a Commercial Availability Form
- For (many) allowed non-organic ingredients, you must submit a Non-Organic Ingredient Declaration to ensure the ingredient was not produced using organic excluded methods
- For non-organic natural flavors, vitamins or minerals, use this chart to determine which forms are needed
Forms & Documents
Master Ingredient List – Form MIL
Non-Organic Ingredient Declaration
Declaration Nutrient Vitamin Mineral
Natural Flavor Questionnaire
Download the above and submit it to your client service team.