Orchard Floor Management in Organic Systems
Jun 04, 2013
from 12:00 pm to 01:00 pm
|Contact Name||Sarah Brown|
|Add event to calendar||
Orchard floor management is arguably a more important and challenging task for organic growers. They have fewer tools (e.g. herbicides, soluble fertilizers) and additional needs (e.g. maintain soil quality, support habitat for beneficial organisms). The presenter of this webinar will discuss several approaches to orchard floor management such as tillage, mulching, and cover crops, and their impact on weed control and tree performance, as well as some considerations for nutrient management. Participate in this webinar for an overview of some of the most recent research related to nutrient management, tillage, weed control, and pest management in organic orchards.
Continuing Education Credits shown at ConservationWebinars.net.
1) At 15 minutes before start time, an orange join button is available to register. Select the CEU - training certificate check box to document this training for all purposes. Select Step 1 to join the event. Return and complete Step 2 after the webinar.
2) Windows users: We recommend joining this event using the installed AT&T Participant Application. Use the download link provided below to prepare in advance.
3) Audio connection options with dial-in information are provided as you enter the AT&T application. Selecting the telephone option is recommended for the best audio quality.
4) Mac users: You must join this event using the web browser option with telephone dial-in; no software installation is required or supported.
5) Audio only information is provided at ConservationWebinars.net.
Hosted by: Sarah Brown, Organic Specialist, West National Technology Support Center