#Importing to the U.S. from Korea
The bilateral equivalency arrangement is limited to processed products with greater than 95 percent organic content only.
Products exported to the U.S. under the arrangement must:
- Be accompanied by an NOP Import Certificate, issued by a Korean Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA)-accredited certification body
- Korean products processed under the terms of the arrangement must be labeled according to USDA organic labeling requirements and may display the USDA organic seal and/or Korean organic food label
#Exporting to Korea from the U.S.
In 2014, the USDA National Organic Program and Korea’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA) signed a bilateral equivalency arrangement. The scope of the arrangement is limited to processed products with greater than 95 percent organic content only. This partnership eliminates significant trade barriers and reduces the paperwork for operations wishing to export qualified organic products to Korea.
Raw or unprocessed products are not eligible to be shipped under this arrangement and must have certification to the Korean regulations for export to Korea.
- Products must be “processed products” as defined by the Korean Food Code and contain at least 95 percent organic ingredients
- Final processing and packaging must occur within the U.S.
- Option to display the Korean organic food label and/or the USDA organic seal
- Labels must be in accordance with MAFRA’s organic labeling requirements
- Each shipment must include a NAQS Import Certificate — load specific — to clear customs
Requesting hard copies
If you would like the original hard copy of the certificate to be sent, please provide a shipping address as well as an account number (FedEx, UPS, DHL) to be billed. Please include a contact name and phone number associated with the recipient. If sending via UPS, please provide the zip code associated with the account to be billed.
Requesting expedited service
Please state all expedite requests explicitly in the body of the email.
Forms & Documents
Please send all export request documents to <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=bj5GaHoTdk13aC1pDR91PUY3YWs-3D_19>.