Message and resources regarding wildfires in Oregon, California and Washington
We hope that you and your family, friends, and neighbors can secure safety from the severe outbreak of wildfires throughout Oregon, California and Washington.
Our office is open, but our response times may be slower. Some team members are out due to evacuations and power outages. Others are providing support to those who need it. We urge extreme caution and preparedness as conditions change.
The Willamette Valley is the birthplace of Oregon Tilth. Our hearts break for everyone adversely impacted, and those waiting for updates. We’re concerned for the thousands of displaced people during the COVID-19 crisis. To the firefighters and emergency responders working without sleep and with unimaginable courage: thank you.
Please continue to check in on one another. We’re here for questions, support, and whatever else we can offer. Call us at (503) 378-0690.
- Oregon State University: Small Farms, Local Food and Wildfires
- Food Safety after a Disaster (UC Davis)
- Livestock, Agriculture and Natural Resources Guide to Fire
- UC Davis Wildfire Resources
- Washington State University Wildfire Recovery
Guides and information for pre-, during, and post-wildfire
- National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) Disaster Resources
- Documenting Disaster Losses (RAFI)
- What Help Is Available for What Types of Disaster Losses? (RAFI)
- Protecting Farms & Ranches from Wildfires – Before, During, After Fires for Farmers(Texas A&M)
- Wildfire Risk Mitigation Course (OSU Extension Service)
- Ranching during Wildfires (Fire Adapted Network)
- Wildfires, Smoke and Livestock (UC ANR)
- Wildfire Smoke Safety for Employees (UC Davis)
- Produce Safety After a Fire (UC ANR)
- Post-fire Produce Safety (UCCE Sonoma)
- Fires and Food Safety (USDA)
- Food Safety and Reopening Your Business After a Fire
Federal disaster programs
- USDA Farm Service Disaster Assistance Programs
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- United States Department of Agriculture Disaster Programs
- USDA Farm Services Agency Disaster Programs
- USDA Rural Development Agency Disaster Programs
- Small Business Administration
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Factsheet (FEMA)
Donations, PPE and funds
- Oregon Distribution Locations of PPE for Ag Sector and Farmworkers
- Gofundme for Small Farms Affected by Oregon Wildfires
- Casa of Oregon
- Unete Oregon Immigrant Fire Relief Fund
- Equitable Giving Circle (Donations of N95 masks for Oregon farmers, workers)
- California Family Farmer Emergency Wildfire Fund
- UFW Foundation for Farmworkers (California)
- U-Haul 30 days free self-storage (Oregon, Washington)
- Wildland Firefighter Foundation
- Feed the Mass (Free meals to Oregon-based impacted families)
Additionally, local media and county information sites may provide more up-to-date news regarding evacuation orders, places to board animals, and other support.
We’re aware of how these sudden and devastating fires have left so many in need of aid. As you and those close to you move through the difficult days and weeks ahead, you are in our thoughts.