Federal policy plays a critical role in supporting organic production systems. Later this year, Congress intends to pass the next Farm Bill, which will shape agricultural policy and investments for the next five years. Now is the time to focus on how to defend and strengthen key programs and policies that benefit organic producers.
This webinar provides updates from Washington, D.C. and digs into policies ranging from working lands conservation and crop insurance to research trade oversight and certification cost share. Additionally, we discuss strategies and opportunities to advocate for changes and improvements in the 2018 Farm Bill.
- Alyssa Charney, National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- Megan Debates, Organic Trade Association
- Paul Wolfe, National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- Maud Powell, Wolf Gulch Farm
- Chris Schreiner, Oregon Tilth